Juvederm treatments are a type of dermal filler that enhances the smile by removing frown lines, marionette lines, and other mouth creases.
These dermal fillers are composed of modified hyaluronic acid — a substance that is derived from long-chain sugars that are naturally present in the skin. One of the main functions of hyaluronic acid is to bind to water and assist your skin in retaining moisture, resulting in more elastic, youthful skin.
Some of the benefits of hyaluronic acid include diminishing the presence of wrinkles around the mouth, treating uneven smiles, and improving lip fullness.
How Does Juvederm Work?
Thanks to the active ingredient (hyaluronic acid), Juvederm is able to add volume to the tissue around your mouth, resulting in smoother, fuller, and younger-looking skin.
Juvederm is a very effective type of dermal filler as it has a stimulating effect that causes the body to produce more collagen — a connective tissue that makes skin and lips more full and elastic.
Areas We Treat With Juvederm
While hyaluronic acid is beneficial for virtually all areas of your face, we focus on treating the skin around the mouth. This is because we are a luxury dental studio and so our Juvederm treatments focus on smile rejuvenation.
Some of the cosmetic usages of Juvederm include:
- Enhancing lips by adding plumpness
- Treating smile lines, frown lines, marionette lines, etc.
- Improving gummy smiles and uneven smiles
Types of Juvederm Fillers
There are several different types of Juvederm fillers. These include:
- Juvederm Ultra XC: used for treating thin lips and slight to moderate wrinkles.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC: used to treat moderate to severe wrinkles
- Juvederm Volbella XC: used primarily for treating thin lips and fine lines around the mouth.
- Juvederm Vollure XC: used to treat moderate to severe wrinkles with a more natural appearance than other types of Juvederm.
- Juvederm Voluma XC: used to enhance and restore volume, especially in the cheek and mid-facial region. As we focus on treating the lips and skin around the mouth, this type of Juvederm treatment isn’t common at our studio.
What To Expect While Undergoing Juvederm Injection Treatments
If this is your first time getting Juvederm injections, here’s a brief overview of what to expect during your treatments as well as some helpful tips to make the process easier:
- One week before your appointment, make sure that you have stopped taking any medications that cause blood thinning.
- Apply a cold pack to your face 10-minutes before the injection to numb the area.
- Your doctor will inject the Juvederm into the specified regions. Due to the size of the needle, you likely won’t experience any discomfort (or only very mild discomfort) during the injection.
- After the treatments, you may notice some symptoms such as mild swelling. This is perfectly normal and should amend itself in a short period of time. Do not touch the treated area for a full day and avoid making any kissing, puckering, or sucking movements for 24 hours.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, extreme temperatures, and products containing alcohol for the first two weeks after your treatments.
Bear in mind that it is possible to experience minor side effects following a Juvederm injection. This is perfectly normal and isn’t cause for alarm. If you have side effects that concern you, make sure you contact your Juvederm doctor to discuss them.
Schedule an Appointment With The Chicago Dental Studio’s Juvederm Doctors
Here at The Chicago Dental Studio, our professional team members and experienced doctors are committed to providing you with premium Juvederm services and a top-notch experience.
Our goal is to make you feel and look your best while also giving you the treat-yourself kind of day that you deserve.
Everything at our studio is designed to make our patients feel pampered and cared for, by providing them the best services. From the moment you visit our studio doors to the moment you leave, we are committed to delivering the high-class experience that each of our patients is looking for.
Contact The Chicago Dental Studio today to schedule your first Juvederm appointment at our studio.
Other Services We Offer