What Is TMJ & What Are TMJ Disorders
You have two temporomandibular joints (TMJ) — one on either side of the jaw. The TMJ enables you to chew, speak, and open your mouth with comfort. Unfortunately though, this joint can slip out of alignment and result in TMJ disorders.
Symptoms of TMJ disorders that require TMJ treatment could be things like jaw pain (either muscle or joint discomfort), lockjaw, headaches or migraines, facial numbness, ringing in the ears, dental injuries like chipped or broken teeth, and teeth wear that causes bite issues and sensitivity.
As you can see, all of these symptoms are unpleasant and if you begin to experience any of them you should consult our TMJ disorder specialist immediately.
Common TMJ Disorders
Common disorders and symptoms of TMJ misalignment include:
- Misalignment of the teeth or jaw
- Pain or tenderness in the jaw
- Teeth grinding
- Difficulty chewing
- Clenching of the jaw muscles
If you are experiencing any of the above-mentioned issues, then you may be suffering from temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD). Schedule an appointment to see our TMD dentist as soon as possible, as ignoring these symptoms can result in worsening conditions, extended jaw pain, and flattened teeth.
TMJ/TMD Treatment Chicago
Our modern dental studios in Chicago provide top-of-the-line TMJ treatments to help you find freedom from jaw pain and discomfort. We tailor our services to your specific needs and will help you decide which techniques are best for your unique case.
Some of the TMJ treatments we offer include:
- Wearing splints or night guard
- Oral appliances
- Therapeutic Botox injections
- Diet restrictions
- Physical therapy/jaw exercises
- TMJ surgery
Benefits of TMJ Treatment
With the help of our state-of-the-art technology and top-notch dentists, you can recover from your TMD trouble. Here are the benefits of treatment:
- TMJ medicine can alleviate pain and discomfort, enabling you to eat again with ease.
- Treating your TMD mitigates your risk of sustaining future dental damage.
- TMJ treatment ensures that other aspects of your health (such as ear and hearing) are protected. Because TMD has the potential to cause chronic ear-ringing, it’s best to always take care of TMJ issues.
Finding The Best TMJ Specialist Chicago
If you are looking for the best TMJ specialist that you can trust with your dental health, get in touch with The Chicago Dental Studio today. The goal of our studio is to provide you with a comfortable and convenient dental experience and help you resolve your TMD.
To schedule an appointment, call our TMJ Chicago studio today.
Other Services We Offer