Cosmetic teeth bonding is a treatment that allows patients to achieve the enviable smile that they’ve been striving for.
Here at The Chicago Dental Studio, our high-end studio has been actively pursuing dental excellence for many years. Each member of our team is skilled in the field of dentistry and provides top-notch, patient-focused services.
To learn the answer to the question, what is bonding teeth, or to learn about the benefits of this procedure, continue reading or contact The Chicago Dental Studio to schedule a consultation at our elite dental studio.
What Is Cosmetic Teeth Bonding?
Many Chicagoans struggle at some point in their lives with a smile they’re not thrilled with. Though this issue can cause major discomfort and self-consciousness, it is a relatively convenient and simple issue to remedy.
Cosmetic teeth bonding is a dental procedure used to repair chips, cracks, sensitive teeth, discoloration. Using teeth bonding, patients can achieve their ideal smile in a matter of a couple of hours, making it a practical and ideal solution.
Now that you know the answer to the question, what is dental bonding, let’s move on to the benefits as well as what kinds of patients are ideal candidates for this procedure.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Tooth Bonding?
Most patients who are ideal for composite bonding teeth procedures are those who have primarily healthy teeth, with their main objective being to improve dental aesthetics. Cosmetic teeth bonding is a dental procedure used to repair chips, cracks, sensitive teeth, discoloration.
Patients considering cosmetic teeth bonding should consult their dentist if they have more severe dental problems that may require other forms of treatment.
Cosmetic Dental Bonding: 4 Things to Know
Due to the simple nature of the procedure, very little preparation is required prior to undergoing tooth bonding. Despite that, there are several things that you should know when going into a dental bonding treatment, these things are:
- Most cosmetic dental bonding is not covered by insurance. In the event of an accident resulting in damage to your teeth, bonding may be covered. It’s best to reach out to your dental insurer to see if your dental bonding is covered prior to starting treatments.
- Dental bonding is not impervious to staining and other types of damage, this is why it’s so important for patients to take care of their dental hygiene after finishing bonding treatments.
- Teeth bonding is not recommended for teeth that have sustained severe damage. If you have severe dental damage, speak with your dentist about which treatment would be best for you.
- Dental bonding is typically a painless, quick procedure that does not require anesthesia or heavy preparation.
Caring for Your Teeth Post-Op
After patients have undergone dental bonding, there are a number of maintenance tactics they can do to ensure that their teeth remain in optimal condition.
Four tips for caring for bonded teeth include:
- Practice good dental hygiene (brushing and flossing daily).
- Avoid smoking, tobacco usage, drinking coffee, tea, or red wine to reduce staining.
- Have your teeth routinely cleaned using dentist-approved pastes, ultrasonic scaling devices, or air-polishing tools.
- Use only toothpaste that is compatible with bonded teeth.
Benefits of Cosmetic Teeth Bonding
Cosmetic teeth bonding comes with a number of practical, aesthetic, and social benefits. Five of the best perks that come with having your teeth bound include:
- Cost-effectiveness. Teeth bonding is one of the most cost-effective cosmetic dental procedures available and provides wonderful value for its cost.
- Aesthetic improvement. Cosmetic teeth bonding is a simple solution to improve all aspects of your dental aesthetics. Those who implement cosmetic dentistry into their regular dental hygiene are often perceived more favorably and feel increased self-confidence in their daily lives.
- Versatile treatment option. Teeth bonding is a versatile dental procedure that can remedy a variety of dental ailments such as tooth discoloration, gaps, chips, sensitive teeth, and cracks.
- Minimally invasive. While many cosmetic dental procedures can be quite invasive, tooth bonding requires very little invasion and can be reversed if patients change their minds about the procedure.
- Quick and convenient. Because multiple teeth can be bonded in a single session, the process of tooth bonding is a relatively quick, convenient one.
Reinvent Your Smile Through Cosmetic Teeth Bonding at The Chicago Dental Studio
Here at The Chicago Dental Studio, providing luxury dental services is our forte. Our team of top-notch dentists and staff focus on delivering patient-focused, high-end services to help patients have a relaxing spa day for their oral health and hygiene.
If you are ready to give your smile the care it deserves, get in touch with The Chicago Dental Studio today to schedule a consultation at our dental studio.